Giant Phone + Cable ISPs ramping up “Big Data” Surveillance on Consumers
By: Staff | Nov 21 2016
As the largest communications company in the world, more than 120 million customers count on us every day to deliver the wireless, Internet, data and advertising services that fuel their businesses and connect them to their world. You will find yourself connecting communications and technology with opportunities that will take you to places you never imagined.
AT&T is currently seeking a Director Advanced Analytics who is a strong leader with the requisite experience and expertise in Big Data analytics solutions.
The Director of Advanced Analytics leads strategy and execution for AT&T Data Patterns’ analytics services across multiple insights platforms and enterprise verticals. This role is responsible for scoping analytics projects and delivering business insights through the application of statistical techniques on complex location, multi-screen and social media datasets. This role directly manages a team of Data Scientists and Data Analysts to deliver advanced analytics services to the Enterprise market. As a leader within AT&T Data Patterns, this role interacts heavily with VPs, Executive Directors and Directors from Analytics Operations, Product Development, Sales and AT&T Big Data.
- Leads the development of Big Data analytics that can be delivered via APIs or UIs
- Develops next-generation analytic approaches where current generation approaches are not adequate
- Applies analytics in commercial solutions such as location based analytics, customer segmentation, customer lifecycle management, multi-screen advertising effectiveness and social influence
- Direct a group that gathers, analyzes, and interprets a wide variety of data to identify causal relationships, trigger points and ultimately make predictions on customer behavior
- Builds descriptive, diagnostic and predictive models using first and third party data, tests model results and verifies model performance
- Quantifies significance of data variances, applies an array of statistical methods ranging from traditional to newly-developing within the Big-Data space
- Uses statistical reporting packages to develop charts, tables, and other visual aids in support of findings. Advises business partners with regards to patterns and relationships in data to recommend business direction or outcomes
- This position has four direct reports
Education: Typically possesses advanced college degree in Statistics, Mathematics and/or Computer Science or PhD in related fields and/or related expertise.
Experience: Typically requires 10+ years’ related experience in advanced analytics, big data, relational database structures, research methods, sampling techniques, and system testing as well as supervisory experience. Typically possesses strong managerial skills in addition to being technically hands-on
- Expertise in core analytics methods including predictive modeling, machine learning, text mining and unstructured data analytics, simulation, segmentation and clustering, and optimization techniques
- Deep user experience in data mining tools such as SAS, R, Matlab or SPSS
- Familiarity with a wide range of data structures, including relational databases, legacy and non-relational databases, Big Data technologies such as HDFS and Map/Reduce, XML, as well as SQL
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language such as Python or PHP
For the full job description visit, https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/197317852