- About CDD
- Current Projects
- News Room
- Contact Information
- Digital Destiny Blog
- Path to Purchase Infographic - October 2014
- Junk Food Marketing to African-American Youth Infographic - September 2014
- Junk Food Marketing to Hispanic Youth Infographic - May 2014
- Digital Bullseye Campaign - May 2014
- CDD Says Campaign - March/April 2014
- Data Privacy Month - January 2014
- Hey Did You Know? - October 2013
- Five Reasons Facebook is Not Suitable for Children Infographic - September 2013
Google User Tracking and Ad Targeting: "a single creative concept [will] create millions of permutations based on the user"Submitted by demedia on Thu, 12/15/2011 - 15:17
The integration of data on users and their networks along with advances in digital ad creation now permits many more variations of a interactive ad that's based on the unique behaviors of an individual. It's one of the key issues involved wth the fight to protect online privacy. Here's an excerpt from today's on Google's Neal Mohan (from Campaign Asia):
Today, the leading consumer and privacy groups from both the U.S.
CDD Calls on Federal Trade Commission to Extend Google Buzz Settlement Terms to All Google Properties
Submitted by demedia on Tue, 04/12/2011 - 20:23
Submitted by demedia on Mon, 04/11/2011 - 15:51
Here's a very useful discussion of online advertising via a recent Google post [excerpt]: "Consider online advertising, which is based on principles from algorithmic game theory and online auctions. The Internet has enabled advertising that is more segmented and measurable, making it more efficient than traditional advertising channels, such as newspaper classifieds, radio spots, and television commercials.
The complaint to the FTC is attached.
Press release is attached
On July 27, 2010, the Senate Commerce Committee will hold a hearing on Consumer Online Privacy. Apple, Google, AT&T and Facebook officials will testify. Here are some questions we hope the Committee will ask.